Export of Data
By using the Services, you authorize Alephpay to transfer and use your information in the US and any other country where Alephpay operates. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those applying in the country in which you reside. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to enjoy appropriate protections.
The information we collect from you and how we obtain it
- Information you provide us or give us permission to obtain
As a Alephpay member you are required to provide your full name and a valid email address when you register to any of our Services
Depending on which services you choose to use, the information you give us may include your physical postal address, phone number, ID picture, billing and payment information, birthday, gender, personal description and photograph.
Any information you provide us is provided by you voluntarily. However, certain information is required in order for you to register and enjoy the full benefits of our Services.
- Information we collect from your use of the Services
Website Log and Device Information – When you use our Services, we may automatically collect certain information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include, for example, (a) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in; as well as (b) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for, the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), the content you viewed (including advertisements you clicked on) and pages you visited, your communications with other users and third parties, and cookie data.
As such, the information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable information” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above.
Mobile Device – When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may automatically collect and store certain technical information, such as your operating system, version, device manufacturer and model, and other information about your mobile device, as well as the frequency and scope of your use of the App. We may also generate a unique device identifier for use by Alephpay to operate the Service. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. We may also collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), including personal information, and may use that information to customize the Services. You hereby authorize us to access such components of your mobile device. You can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your GPS information by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this.
We may also use these technologies to recognize your browser type as you navigate on the Internet and to collect aggregate and statistic information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. This allows us to better serve you with more tailored information and facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Services.
Any user IDs, passwords, and any other user- or account-related data that we store in such cookies are encrypted for security purposes. We may allow our authorized service providers to access the information collected by cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. The “Help” function in the toolbar of most browsers should indicate how you can set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you won’t be able to access and take advantage of many features of our Services properly.
How we use the information we collect and store
We respect your privacy. Alephpay will not disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your consent, except as specified in this Policy. We generally use the information to provide and improve our services and products, for billing and payments, for identification and authentication, for targeted online and offline marketing, to contact members or interested parties, and for general research and aggregate reporting.
Alephpay limits access to your personal information by Alephpay personnel to those whom we believe reasonably need that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.
- When we store your registration information and account settings, we are able to save you the trouble of having to fill and set them up every time you access and use our Services.
- We use the information to help us to:
- better customize and improve the Service and the information and products provided to you;
- the Services and the user experience provided to you.
- help you complete a transaction, or provide services or customer support;
- understand your needs and create content that is relevant to you;
- communicate back to you;
- allow you to access Services, or otherwise engage in activities in the App and the Site that you select.
- Depending on your notification settings, we may send you newsletters, updates, marketing materials and other information by e-mail and/or via mobile devices in order to notify you about changes to our service, the Site and the App or because we think the specific information is interesting for you.
- Information we collect about you.
- We use the information to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- The information helps us measure and research the effectiveness of the Services’ features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications, and to improve them when necessary.
- We may also use it to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Storage of Information. In addition, please be aware that we may host or store your data and information (including personally identifiable information) in the United States and other countries through certain third parties that we use to operate and manage the App, the Site and Services, including Amazon Web Services (“AWS”). By using the Site, you acknowledge and expressly consent to the transfer and processing of your personally identifiable information in this way. We may store your information also after your membership has been terminated. Such information may be used for any internal purpose, such as quality control efforts or customer analysis.
Please include the full name and contact information in your request.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We value your privacy and will not share your personal information with third parties except in the following instances:
- When we received your consent. This includes sharing information with other service providers, e.g. the issuer of the pre-paid card.
- When we employ third parties to process personal information on our behalf. Alephpay may engage third party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies, analytics and security providers) to help provide our Services. Such third parties’ use will be subject to instructions given by us and in compliance with this Policy. For instance, we may provide data to our accountants to make sure we are keeping our books right, or we may engage a security consultant to help us better identify spam. These third parties have limited access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to Alephpay not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
- With our affiliates. This relates to companies that are legally part of the same group of companies that we are part of, or that become part of that group.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information that we collect under any of the above circumstances with our business partners, affiliates or other third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find interesting and to customize content and advertising.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Alephpay or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Alephpay is affiliated with a variety of businesses and works closely with them. These businesses may offer promotions (including e-mail promotions) or sell items or services to you through our Services. When an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, we may share information related to the transaction with that affiliated business to facilitate your transaction.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You can change your information at any time by editing your profile.
In addition, if you find that the information on your account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you are responsible to make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from registering to our Services and impair our ability to provide you with Services.
YOUR CHOICES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INFORMATION
Our goal is to enable you to decide over your information and with whom such information is shared. When you open an Alephpay account, many of the choices that you have are built directly into your account settings.
Here are some examples to how you can manage your information and the access of others to it:
- You can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- You can modify your e-mail notification settings at any time. You also will be given the option to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send.
- As mentioned above, the “Help” function on most browsers indicates how you can set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you won’t be able to access and take advantage of many features of our Services.
Alephpay will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want Alephpay to use your information to provide you services, you may close your account. Alephpay will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that closing your account may not free up your email address, username, or name for reuse on a new account.
You may inform us of any changes or requests regarding your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection law, we may update or delete your personal data accordingly. We’ll respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION?
We consider data security a top priority and we do our best to keep your Personal Information secure. For that purpose, we:
- Encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- Employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Practice administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the information you provide us.
Please keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot promise or guarantee that such information will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to their standard terms and conditions that are generally non-negotiable; and accordingly, although we seek to conduct reasonable due diligence on such service providers, we may be unable to impose contractual obligations on them with respect to the measures they use to protect Personal Information.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not directed to children under 18.
If it comes to our attention through reliable means that a registered user is a child under 18 years of age, we will cancel that user’s account and/or access to the Services.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Policy shall be governed by the laws of the State of Israel, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. We each agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Tel Aviv, Israel, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
Our Services are controlled and operated from Israel, and we make no representations that they are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS